Thursday, September 19, 2013

Playing with words



We heard peels of laughter from the boys' room yesterday and went to see what was so funny. They had rediscovered their magnetic letters and were busily writing poop jokes on the metal board over their desk...

I was amused to see them playing with words like Legos or building blocks, something that happens in my studio all the time...

UPDATED

I had forgotten this photo of my son, Andy, playing with letters...


I love the way letters are physical things in this picture - things that can be arranged into an image or a structure that is not governed by the language from which they are derived. It has taken me a long time to see the world like that, but I am learning, and it brings me closer to the becoming the artist I want to be.

No comments: