Friday, September 02, 2005

Target Dates

None of the proposals I've seen so far have shown much specificity as to how you want to address the papers you plan to write this semester. As a reminder, I'm posting the schedule Tom and Pat passed out.

September 3 - Study plans are due. I will comment on these within 24-48 hours and get them back to you. Some revisions may be needed.
September 16 - Research progress report due
September 30 - First Paper due
October 21 - Research progress report due
November 4 - Second paper due
November 18 - Topic and outline/draft of final paper due
December 2 - Third paper due; presentations of final papers will take place at Winter Crit.

Remember, you're at liberty to pass in a greater number of shorter papers, but I need to know what I should expect from you and when I should expect it. A good place to tell me is in the "Goals" section of your proposal, where you might include a sentence such as "I plan to write x papers on y areas of my research. I will send these writings in on z timetable."

No comments: