Monday, September 12, 2005

Little Red

So I am about to be finished with the book "Little Red Riding Hood Uncloaked", and I have to say that this was an amazing book. It not only gives you a rich history of the tale of Little Red Riding Hood but it also ties her into the social, political, and cultural history of the world. It really shows how fairy tales shape and reflect our view of the world. I think this was an excellent suggestion to read, given my obsession with fairy tales and the fantastical. Catherine Orenstein (the author) mentions Bruno Bettelheim's, "The Uses of Enchantment" quite a bit in this book so I plan to read that next. If anyone else is interested in the topic of fairy tales, I strongly recommend "Little Red Riding Hood Uncloaked". It will blow you away!

No comments: