Sunday, August 05, 2018

Crazy watch

I will be trying to gather and concentrate a lot of threads I have been tracking in various places as I move from Facebook to something else, which may include this blog.

So I'll start with a note for my ongoing research into conspiracy theories. This one comes from a report by Alex Goldman on NPR's All Thing Considered on August 4, 2018.


 In this story, at 2:40, there is a very interesting part about how the folks who believe that Q is giving them hints about Trump's thoughts and ideas believe he signals them. Goldman describes Trump's assertion that he had been to Washington "maybe seventeen times" before his election. Q is the seventeenth letter of the alphabet, therefore he must be signaling his audience in code about the validity of Q, organization.

The number value of letters is an important aspect of secret communications. I got interested in this subject years ago because of reporting on sports jerseys that communicated hateful messages through the public sphere.

I am beginning to see Q as the V as of the right. But that's a post for another day.

No comments: