Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Spring Proposal Highlight

Just thought I would pass along a summary of what I plan to be painting/ researching this spring, it is going to be big step for me, both in size/ quantity and meaning. I reckon I can pull it off, I'm just going to have to paint like my hair's on fire. Any and all feedback is welcome, good luck to all with the spring semester, Keith.

"For the spring semester I hope to execute seven life-sized, portraits of teenagers residing in the dorm where I live/ work. I would like to base these paintings on either the Seven Sins or the Seven Virtues, depending on the findings from my preliminary research. These portraits will be painted in the same manner as my recent portraits, using oil on gauche, and placing the figure on a stark white background. Ultimately I will be treating these seven portraits as one work, and devising a composition that establishes a narrative between the painted figures as well as the viewer."

No comments: