Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Working...

I started thinking of the composition as one long banner after visiting the Olympia a few weeks ago. My original suggestion for a site wasn't workable, so we are now on a lower deck, near the captain's cabin (and its large guns...)

As I have tried to hone in on a message, I have been increasingly overwhelmed by the range of the codebook. It seems some how not fitting to have a single message...or even a single code. I have been peppering these latest images with Morse.

Here there are texts at various scales and saturations of color...I like the way the gray carries the white of the hull up on the upper decks...
This one is getting a lot of different messages into the mix...I'm not satisfied with the organization of it, and may go back to the units defined by the stanchions of the deck rail.

No comments: