Thursday, January 02, 2014

I am SO excited...

For literally months I have been trying to get these shaped panels made. One fabricator said he could do it and a circus of delays ensued. On the suggestion of lots of artists, I called NextFab, and they told me it would be another twelve week wait. I was despondent and started working canvas since this search was going nowhere...

Then it dawned on me that I might be able get them from an industrial supplier (I am being tight-lipped about who made them out of superstition...) and they came through in less than a week and for less than I was going to pay NextFab or the fabricator. I'm starting with plywood, but can get a range of other materials...


They will need to be cradled and gessoed, but they are cut and in the studio - very excited to start working on them...will post pictures when things get underway...

No comments: