Monday, December 17, 2012

Changing direction

Bridget Riley, Squares in Motion, 1961

I have decided to close my Facebook account for the time being. I have noticed a number of things that bother me about interacting with Facebook that I want time to sort out. I will miss the easy connection to family and friends that the application provides, but I will try to keep up through letters, email and phone calls.

Another thing I will miss is just sharing interesting news reports and images that come across my field of vision, so I will use this forum for re-posting them.

Here's an interesting story from the Pacific Standard that reports that we respond to visible stimuli - starkly contrasting patterns shown to test subjects led to more decisive behaviors. I expect I will be painting my office a number of shades of grey...

No comments: