Thursday, June 14, 2012

Three-Letter Literature


A few days ago, using Facebook, I sent out an appeal for three letter texts I could use in the work I'm now making in the studio (an example is above...). This blog entry got me thinking. I wanted to anthologize the responses, and I need to make good on my promise of drawings for the contributors...keep an eye peeled for those...more contributions welcome!

Jeff Buddle:
"Ode"
Why not try?
Who can say?
The old man?
Fie! Let him
rot. Try now!

Tony Bures:
You may ask who led who?
How did bee and owl die?
Why the red sky?
The air run out and our pen now dry?

Kristan Campbell:
may eye
one fly
the one
not yet
you die
our fix
not let
you cry
the mix
lip fun
can dye
our ash
can run
the sky

Emily Cobb:
Bee not sad
Sis, wee fly
Fox our day
Bat the sky!
Eye per owl,
Rat out foe,
Lie, jaw, yak,
Ilk nor doe.
Matthew Parrish:
"Out"

Hmm, hum, aha!
Sip rum and see the sun
set sky. Dry off,
pet the dog, toe tap,
hit the bed,
end the day,
her age.

Cecilia Snyder:
Cat has fun fur and
will let you tug and pet him
now rub his shy tum

No comments: