Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sudden changes

It's a strange feeling when you have a number of paintings going over a period of weeks and then, all of a sudden, you have a number of paintings nearly done all at once. That's what happened this week - all at once it seems five paintings are in the final phases and I am just tidying up...Here is a picture of new one (which takes a phrase from Roland Barthes: "It is the act of writing that subjugates pictorial gestures so that to paint is never anything but to inscribe")


I am still messing around with solids for the Impossible Books, too, and here are some other pyramids...these are made from equilateral triangles and fit together very differently than the ones made with right triangles...I am still getting the hang of reconciling what I think a solid should do in space and what it actually does. Definitely I was not wired for sculpture...



No comments: