Monday, December 23, 2013

Impossible book models

With my sister, Mary Beth Brown, I am working on some models for a show in February at Philadelphia Sculpture Gym called Impossible Books. Early on, we decided that 'impossible' books were text books and have tried to deal with that problem...I'll flesh out that idea in writing in the weeks ahead, but here are some photos of the first of what I hope will be two or three models...

Each unit is part of a text about principles that guide the study of American History in a freshman class...

...they will nest in a structure within which they can be rotated and considered on various levels...

We're thinking of 3D printing the pyramids and cutting the framework from wood...just wrapping my head around the geometry is a bit of a trick right now...

No comments: